Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Week 7 Del.icio.us and Library Thing

I found that week 7 had a lot of reading to do it is hard to find enough time to get through it all. Setting up a del.icio.us account was not to bad, again the hardest thing was to find a user name that no had used before.
I can see the benefit of this website for both personal and work related areas as you can put all your favourites in one spot and pick it up from any computer. This will save me a lot of time as I have recently got a new computer and I have been writing down all my favourites that had been saved at work and then typing it all again at home.
In a library situation I think this will be very useful tool especially the tagging. Our patrons will be able to find everything that they need all on the one site.

Library thing I feel is going to be a very useful tool for both the professional librarian and the person at home. I like the idea that I can put all my personal book on one site it saves me trying to remember all that I have read. It is also good in that I can easily go to Library thing and find my entry and use this when recommending good reads to my patrons.

Cheers for now.

No comments: