Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Week 8: Answer boards and social searching

This week was easier on my old brain as I did not have to sign up and work out any new user names and passwords.

I thought "Slamming the boards" was a good site to use for people who do not wish or do not have the time to get to their local library. I liked the idea that if you wanted to you could remain anonymous.

I feel all libraries could benefit from Answer Boards as not all our members feel comfortable asking some questions face to face. Where as they could post their question and know that they will still get a librarian to answer. I also think they would like the idea that they could rate or review our collection. We often get customers who like to suggest ideas/items for our collection.

Signatures and Tag Lines are a great idea. It would be nice to see some for Australia instead of America though.

Cheers for now.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Yes - we need to have a higher present in answer boards, perhaps it is something the state wide reference group could help facilitate?

By the way - lovely slide show.

Ellen